Friday, July 18, 2008

Inspired Teaching Institute Day 10: I will

"A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron."
-- Horace Mann

What a tremendous ten days the Inspired Teaching Institute was! And once again, I'm delighted by the purposeful use of our activities. As Inspired Teachers and allied staff work to support childrens' desire to learn, the Inspired Bookfair has provided one more chance to share our own interests and learn independently.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the Institute participants at the Inspired Teaching Alumni Conference on August 18, but in the meantime I'll keep everyone in mind while I check out A is for Ox, Imagined Communities, Last Child in the Woods, and more! Thanks for the recommendations and for contributing to this great learning environment.

No comments: